sunroof reset calibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomash85715

Reaction score
Our 06 liberty limited sunroof opened OK after we bravely tried it for maybe first time in a year. But when it closes, it will not rise up at the back. We dicked around with the vent button and the two main buttons and eventually got it positioned but only if we watch it and let go at just the right split second. Should it not find that position on its own? We tried some youtube searching with no good results. Also looked for mopar TSBs but we don't have access to their computer connections described for dealers. If anyone knows the exact details and sequence of the calibrate learn reset please provide. Thank you.

Lobato

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, but mine is probably linked to timing of the sunroof, after I finished repairing it...

The procedure to reset the sunroof, if you are still looking for it (probably not, as this message is from Nov 2021) is:

1- key in ON position (not running tho)
2- press OPEN switch until sunroof opens completely.
3- release and press OPEN again, holding for at least 10 seconds - the sunroof will move backwards, past the opening on the headliner and will move to the front again.
4- release the switch and press and within 5 seconds press and hold OPEN again. After some 3 seconds the sunroof will move all the way to the front, passing through the venting position and resting at the full closed.
5- done!

Like I said, for me it is not working, the sunroof still doesn't sit flush with the roof. In my case I will need to drop the motor down again, reposition the lift arms and reinstall everything again.

Reactions: klc