Suggestions for getting blood out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn't wreck...or ****** someone, although it must have looked like it when I was filling up at the gas station with fresh blood all over my clothes hands and face splatter...
My dog got bit my another dog tonight and I had to rush her to the vet because she was bleeding everywhere. Fortunately she's gonna be ok :icon_smile: just has to spend the night at the vet after getting stitched up and I can bring her home tomorrow.

Unfortunately, there was no time to put down blankets or towels and my backseat looks like a massacre occurred all over it. I tried using oxyclean and resolve spray stuff and cold water as soon as I could tonight. It definitely helped, and lightened a lot of the spots, but it's still definitely no picnic back there. Any suggestions on how to try to remove the stains?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bleche white will damage fabric and remove color, do not use it for stains. check with any local chemical suppliers in your area and get a good/strong upholstery cleaner but be careful what you use and how you use it, you have to get as much of the cleaning product back out of the fabric as possible, this usually is accomplished using an extractor, to be honest i would suggest finding either a local detail shop or carpet cleaning business and have them take care of it, using a shop vac to clean upholstery is a waste of time

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe oxy-clean? I use it for my general everyday cleaning of the seats... not sure it's effect on blood.

doolop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
H2o2 might work takes the blood out of my shirts after a long weekend :banghead:

Sent by using tin cans and string

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bulls Eye from Grainger works great if they still make it. Otherwise maybe Baby wipes. Google removing blood from upholstery to make sure you aren't setting the blood in.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I'll look around for some of those products. I tried oxyclean and cold water with small steam vac thing I have initially. It did alright, definitely looks a lot better than before, but most of the spots just faded and the spots on the floor are still pretty bad. Talked to a local detail shop and they said they could get everything out except the headliner, which I guess is too delicate for their chemicals.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They probably don't want to do the headliner because the glue could become undone and you'd get sagging.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rent a vampire? A bit more helpfully, over here you can get little stain remover applicators - the brand is called Stain Devil. I recall that they did one for bloodstains. If you can't get it in a local supermarket, I'm sure you must be able to get it over the net - possibly from Amazon - I'm amazed at what you can get from Amazon!

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blood is a pain in the @$$ to get out. Especially if its dried into the material. You can try bleach for colors or water down plain bleach, 1 part bleach to 10 part water. Just test it out somewhere you wont see just in case it fades the fabric.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like your other dog would be the one worrying about bleeding now, were they mine. I had a dog do that to another dog, and just euthanized it. 3 years police type training and it couldn't behave? tho, i suspect it had medical issues causing it.

I did once have blood in my carpet and seats, from a gusher of a bloody nose. Replaced the carpet and seat when nothing really worked well.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like your other dog would be the one worrying about bleeding now, were they mine. I had a dog do that to another dog, and just euthanized it. 3 years police type training and it couldn't behave? tho, i suspect it had medical issues causing it.

I did once have blood in my carpet and seats, from a gusher of a bloody nose. Replaced the carpet and seat when nothing really worked well.

well the other dog wasn't mine...random dog at the park. and of course the other owner says it's not their fault...mainly because my dog is mostly pit, so she must be aggressive and have caused herself to get bit..even though she didn't retaliate at all...but whatever, I haven't found it worth it to take the people to small claims court over $300 in vet bills.

The stains have at least faded, just looks dirty now. There is a place near me that professionally details, they quoted me around $200 to get it out.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck. I'm not kidding when I say I'd kill the dog that instigated it. that's a bunch of crap.

Latest posts

Members online