Subs vs. Light Bar...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a question for people who have subs in their Renegade. I've got subs in mine, and at low to mid volume, it sounds like the light bar is vibrating. If I turn it up loud, all I can hear is the music. But I'm really picky about noises coming from my vehicle that shouldn't be there. I've checked the light bar over and nothing is loose. So my question is, has anyone found a good way to insulate the light bar or does anyone else notice this?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should've been more specific. It does have some rattles and noises. I attribute those to being a Jeep, and they don't bother me. I don't like the rattles and noises made by a stereo. I enjoy my music loud and I like it clear and precise. However, when my kids are in the Jeep, I don't play it quite as loud, and I can hear the light bar vibrating then. I just haven't figured out a way to get rid of it yet. Figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has dealt with this before I tear into it.

TnRebel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or U could wait till your my age and then anything below max on the sound system you can't hear any way . LOL

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even though i dont own a renny or a light bar i do have subs and i get loud vibrating noises like this. ive noticed its partly just the insulation on the roof being pulled from the metal from my loud system. and of course other stuff rattling around too.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've been thinking about pulling the interior apart and just putting some dynomat under the headliner.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a dab of clear silicone at each screw when I installed my light bar in case any water did make it to that area. It also helps prevent any rattles.

Last edited:

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've been thinking about pulling the interior apart and just putting some dynomat under the headliner.

Yea Dynamat is great stuff. Before my jeep days, I had an eclipse with a 5000watt competition quality system in it...I'm sure you can imagine I had rattles coming from all over the place. I ripped apart the doors and dynamatted, did the backsides of my license plates...basically went through everything that could vibrate...The only thing I could never get to stop was the sunroof. But as long as I had it vented it was fine. I would unbolt the light bar, put dynamat under it, almost like a gasket, and tighten it back up good.

Latest posts

Members online