Sub Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my new KJ about a month ago and have decided that I reaaaaally need a sub to give it some great bass. I'm thinking I'll go with only 1 to conserve space...but make it a POWERFUL one, haha. I want to put the amp under any seat i can or even mount it to the side of the box which will be in the trunk. What is the best way to run my wires (signal, power, etc.)? I really don't want to see the wires but any mods are out of the question. Which is the best route to take to get power to the amp? Thanks guys!!

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Down the "sides" by the doors, those trim pieces just pull up and there is plenty of room for wires to be hidden under them. Have you ever considered a Infinity Bass Link?

Welcome to the site.

Bennett

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basslink

After your suggestion I researched the basslink a bit. It seems like it sounds good and I like the specs, especially the compact part \:D/ Can the basslink be installed under any of the seats? That'd be awesome if it could. Thanks!

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
It's a little too big to fit under the seats. However, in the cargo area, it only takes up 1 foot width wise which is not very much compared to a huge subbox.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Also buy it off ebay if you get one, they are VERY affordable.

Bennett

emiperformance

Reaction score
I just picked up an 05 CRD with the 6 disc changer with sirous radio,
I want to install the bass Link, but want to keep the stock radio.
Is there a way to install this box into the stock radio?

Thanks,
Danny

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
emiperformance said:
I just picked up an 05 CRD with the 6 disc changer with sirous radio,
I want to install the bass Link, but want to keep the stock radio.
Is there a way to install this box into the stock radio?

Thanks,
Danny

Yes the bass link comes with a speaker level input cable. Meaning that it is all set to work out of the box with your stock radio out of the box.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Guyute1210 said:
Can someone post a picture of their install?

sure will... as soon as i get home...

Alright I didn't forget, just got busy... again... I am putting it on my to do list, so it gets done..

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Sub mounted on a carpeted board. Doesn't move at all and easy to remove.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Ground Cable (quick disconnect I made)
3.jpg

+ Cable (same type of disconnect, but covered with tape so it doesn't short circuit)
4.jpg

Bennett

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to not thread-jack here but the title fits my needs:

So now that I have my KJ and having the TJ have a sub in it I'm thinking of getting the mopar sub, I like my cargo room as is, but was wondering about the wiring options on that sub. I have an Alpine HU w/ sub out RCA plugs and was wondering if it'd be possible to splice the sub's wires throw on some RCA's and connect it via those plugs rather than the wiring harness. I think I'd have more control over the sub that way.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
The mopar sub can really only be hooked up through speaker level inputs. Are you currently using your factory harness for your speakers or did you run all new speaker wire...

If you are using the same harness, you should be able to make it work with the alpine deck, but you won't have control over it like you wanted.

Bennett

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bah, I'm using the harness but when i talked to crutchfields i had the dinky basic cd player unit so i don't think my harness has the sub or "remo/remote." well maybe i'll live w/ it or just get something that won't take up much cargo space.
Thanks bennett

odhinn

Reaction score
basslinkII

what is the best way to run those wire for the basslink II, i really appreciate if you can give me a complete details on it. btw, can i use that power outlet in the cargo area and just plug a cigarette lighter type of plug?