Stupid Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FFEMT1313

Reaction score
Hey all,I have a question and please bear with me because I am not computer smart but here it goes.I noticed that on certain post (not all) that some of them are wider than my screen so I have to use the slide bar in order to read the post and then others I can just use the down scroll and the whole message is on my screen with out having to scroll left to right.Anyway of fixinf it? Thanks Dave

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found that I have to use the scroll bar to go over on the posts that have wide pictures in them. I believe when there is a pic that is wider it adjusts the entire post so if someone types something kind of long you will have to slide it over to read it. Not really sure if there is a fix for it or not.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a dumb question! It is due to someone posting a wide photo. I have been posting my photos at 12" wide, which at work on a standard 17" display at 1024x768 does cause you to have to scroll left and right. At home, my iMac has a 17" wide-screen display at 1400 x 900 and it's not an issue. You could change your display resolution to a higher setting, but it will also make the text smaller.

I would suggest that you look for a wide-screen display for your next computer purchase. It makes a lot of difference! \:D/

Also, a nice feature that Safari has (the Mac OS X web browser) is that it allows you to increase the size of the text on a page, without effecting graphics etc. I assume that FireFox and some of the other third party browsers do that as well. Nice feature!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
it's normally fine, but if and when someone posts up a photo wider than what your screen resolution is, thats when it stretches it horizontaly.
hence why other threads seem wider than normal......