Strut/spring/shock size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinJackson

Reaction score
If I have a 2.5" day star lift in my 04 Kj then would I need longer shocks and struts and spring and everything? Or will stock size work? If so then what size should I go up to

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for any of that because Daystar is junk and it'll all sag even more in no time
I wouldn't put any more money (suspension wise) into it until you can get a suspension lift, not a spacer lift

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't buy the daystar lift. And if you already did return it. I ran it for too long. When I pulled it off it was crap. And the suspension was like driving a boat on the open ocean. The front end rocked so bad that my wife started to get car sick at the end. Just don't do it. You are better with the worn out stock suspension.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I have a 2.5" day star lift in my 04 Kj then would I need longer shocks and struts and spring and everything? Or will stock size work? If so then what size should I go up to

Daystar no don't do it, cost you money in the long run. But as when lifting the proper way the front shocks ( we don't have struts ) are same no matter what. Use OME or Bilstein work the best on the front of KJs .
NOW for the rear yes you will need longer shocks depending on what height you go to.

Latest posts

Members online