Strut Spacer VS Clevis Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I will be adding a bit more lift to my Jeep and wanted some advice. I am currently sitting right bellow 22" front and rear(about 21.75 in rear and damn near 22" in front). I will be adding an extra Iso on eachside in the rear. I am just wondering about the clevis lift or strut spacer, is one better than the other and also is one easier to install compared to the other. Lastly from what I understand everything doubles hight wise upfront so if I add 1/4 strut plate or clevis lift it will actually net me 1/2" of lift correct?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes 1/4 inch top plate gets you 1/2 inch lift
3/8 inch clevis gets you 3/4 inches of lift
since you're at 22 then you only want to go another 1/2 inch or so to keep everything happy
Assuming you have JBA UCAs

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks Tom! What about ease of installation is one quicker or easier to do vs the other? And is one better than the other?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Clevis is easier IMO, when I did mine all you do it jack it up, loosen the fork, pry a bit to the desired level and tighten it up.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clevis is easier IMO, when I did mine all you do it jack it up, loosen the fork, pry a bit to the desired level and tighten it up.

I was wondering that, so your your saying you didn't use any conduit nuts? Just loosen fork and raise shock up to desired height? If this is the case what will keep it from sliding down if you hit a hard bump or something, does the fork hold it well enough? I would guess a feeler gauge would be useful so you could get both sides at equal height?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering that, so your your saying you didn't use any conduit nuts? Just loosen fork and raise shock up to desired height? If this is the case what will keep it from sliding down if you hit a hard bump or something, does the fork hold it well enough? I would guess a feeler gauge would be useful so you could get both sides at equal height?

The conduit nuts we use are only for measurement purposes only pretty much. So yes it will hold if torqued correctly

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just layed the conduit nuts on the edge, used them as a feeler gauge. Hasn't moved to my knowledge. :D

Punkkid

Reaction score
Not to high jack but could I do a Clevis on stock suspension just to level out the front?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to high jack but could I do a Clevis on stock suspension just to level out the front?

HIJACK away !!
yes you can do that
raising the shock out of the clevis 3/8 of an inch will give you 3/4 of an inch in height
Help out a little bit

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any pics on this subject would be appreciated :)

william patterson

Reaction score
How high can you push the strut up in the clevis? Is 1 inch too much? That would add 2" to the height of the front, correct?

william patterson

Reaction score

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How high can you push the strut up in the clevis? Is 1 inch too much? That would add 2" to the height of the front, correct?
3/8 inch is generally considered the max, although some push that to 1/2 inch. Yes 1 inch is too much.

Latest posts

Members online