Strut Pinned to Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GatorBoots

Reaction score
My OEM struts are pinned to the body with a 3” spacer and OEM upper control arms. I’m going to put JBA uppers here soon. Any recommendations for aftermarket struts or a remedy for the rubbing?

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I'm sure it will get mentioned to you for the correct term, kj's are using shocks with a coil spring as opposed to struts.

A big difference is any struts I've seen don't use an upper control arm, if a strut comes undone you have a major problem with how the car is driving as it's usually in place of a uca as well. There may be some that are an exception, but this is how I've seen it generally over all the years.

Copied directly from JBA's site for their kj control arms
"2002-2007 Lifted Jeep Liberty's works with lifts up to 4 inches"
"These arms are specifically designed to be used on vehicles with a spring, coil over or spacer lift"

So in theory with your spacer lift if it is giving you 3" of lift, you should be fine with the jba uppers and need nothing else, but I haven't done it to guarantee ya that but it seems like a solid start. Then as your stock suspension wears out, you can be saving up for some quality shocks and springs.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My OEM struts are pinned to the body with a 3” spacer and OEM upper control arms. I’m going to put JBA uppers here soon. Any recommendations for aftermarket struts or a remedy for the rubbing?
Throw that spacer lift in the junk pile and do a proper full spring lift
Will ride way better , last 10 times longer ( spacer 10,000 miles maybe if lucky VS OME 100,000 miles )

Latest posts

Members online