Stopped in at a Jeep dealer today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was my first time to see a lot of '05's on the lot. My observations...

1) I don't like the (almost light) gray bumper on the Sports. Would look better with a dark gray or black bumper.
2) Saw the dark brown in a Limited. Looked really nice. But the dealer had it all bling bling... too much! Looked like a pimp mobile...
3) The Limited with all the chrome front looks best on the dark colors.
4) Sport looks weird without the fog lights at all.
5) Saw the green. Didn't like it with the Sport bumper, but it really looked good in the Limited.

I also was looking at the Wranglers. They had one nearly perfect to what is on my list as the next possibly new car. Red Sport, 30" tire group, trac-loc, ABS, black hard top. Looked sweet! My wife asked if Jeep was still having zero percent financing... Unfortunately I couldn't say yes. We have that on our KJ.

I didn't see any CRD's on the lot, which is also on my list.

Teneo

Reaction score
Have to agree on the gray bumper on the Sport. It would look better with a dark gray or black bumper. Also the chrome looks a little too flashy like you said a pimp mobile.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I don't like too much chrome either.

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you skip the $820 chrome wheels upgrade and swap on the body-color grille that goes a long way to de-pimping the 05 limited, leaves you with just a strip of chrome on the side. of course that is replaceable too if you're *really* anti-chrome, just order the part designed for the same-color sport

You must be registered for see images

the wheels on the 05 limited are the same as the ones offered a few years ago - freedom edition? - just without the graphite paint. i actually think the gray ones would look really nice on my 05

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
squid729 said:
leaves you with just a strip of chrome on the side. of course that is replaceable too if you're *really* anti-chrome, just order the part designed for the same-color sport

Begs the question... would the '05 door trim fit on an '02? I might even think about debadging the libby (at least the Liberty on sides) if I could get a set & they'd fit.

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluphant just went out and measured my side trim, the front piece is 37.75" long and the rear piece is 18" long. they are both 2.5" wide. they are sitting in a shallow trough designed to hold them, not sure how they are mounted but i am sure easy to remove/replace

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
squid729 said:
if you skip the $820 chrome wheels upgrade and swap on the body-color grille that goes a long way to de-pimping the 05 limited, leaves you with just a strip of chrome on the side. of course that is replaceable too if you're *really* anti-chrome, just order the part designed for the same-color sport

the wheels on the 05 limited are the same as the ones offered a few years ago - freedom edition? - just without the graphite paint. i actually think the gray ones would look really nice on my 05

That's the best looking '05 Limited Edition I've seen so far. \:D/

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
That's the best looking '05 Limited Edition I've seen so far. \:D/

Ditto that! Looks schweet bro. Still not a fan of the smaller fogs, but you've done well with it! I like the black grill much better than the chrome-tastic one. Maybe I'm finally coming around to the '05s.

-Blu

Yippers

Reaction score
IMO the Ltd with their painted fenders, look better with the body colored grill and the Sport with it's unpainted polymer fenders, looks better with the chrome grill.

my .015$

Latest posts