Sticking Tow/OD Off button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lostintheforest

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Auto KK and the Tow/OD Off button near the shifter is sticking when I used it today. I need to clean it out so what's the best way to take off the cover in that area?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That button really doesn’t come out for cleaning I’m afraid. It is part of the auto transmission bezel. You could try adding a little dielectric grease around the edges with a tooth pick.

I have found I have to press the tow/haul button straight down for it not to stick. Sideways pressure causes sticking. Not a great design.

Lostintheforest

Reaction score
I suppose I didn't phrase my question very well. I would like to remove the panel or panels around the button or shifter so I can clean the button. The woman who own the Jeep before me drank a lot of sugary drinks and I suspect pop was spilled there in the past and that's why it's sticking.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, the bezel for the center console around the shifter & 4wd button is held in by metal clips. Grab it at the back end, hand on either side, and lift. Once the back clips disengage, slide the bezel back towards you and up to disengage the front. Before removing the bezel completely, reach underneath it and unclip the wiring harness for the 4wd button. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online