Steering wheel controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demian1979

Reaction score
My 2005 KJ doesn't have steering wheel controls for the radio system, do you know if i can install or i have to change the steering wheel ?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you pick up a steering wheel at a Breaker Yard and choose which parts to use between the two wheels.

Be very careful when you work on the existing steering wheel on your Jeep.. First disconnect the Battery leads and tie the Red Positive lead to chassis for 20 minutes to discharge any capacitance in the system that could set off the airbags.

Get back to us here for details of how to remove/fit a new steering wheel without damaging the Clock-spring....may be worth fitting a new Clock-spring in any case!;)

Or you can download the 2005 Parts Fiche here if you want to see what parts you would need to get your existing wheel to work.

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/:)

Demian1979

Reaction score
I would suggest that you pick up a steering wheel at a Breaker Yard and choose which parts to use between the two wheels.

Be very careful when you work on the existing steering wheel on your Jeep.. First disconnect the Battery leads and tie the Red Positive lead to chassis for 20 minutes to discharge any capacitance in the system that could set off the airbags.

Get back to us here for details of how to remove/fit a new steering wheel without damaging the Clock-spring....may be worth fitting a new Clock-spring in any case!;)

Or you can download the 2005 Parts Fiche here if you want to see what parts you would need to get your existing wheel to work.

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/:)

Thanks a lot

cjw3cma

Reaction score
2005 Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition - believe that the wiring is all in place for the addition of the steering wheel controls.

Am I right or am I wrong (have not looked yet).

Latest posts

Members online