Steering wheel controls

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by nohitter64, Nov 11, 2017.

1. nohitter64

nohitter64 Full Access Member

Will '02 steering wheel controls work on an '06? At junk yard What do I need to take?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. teeje

teeje Full Access Member

Clock spring buttons and harness and back plate if you dont wanna cut out the openings in the steering wheel

Edit...thats a maybe on the clockspring. Some liberty all had the same clock springs that had the pins for the steerinwheel controls and some do not it's best to take your steering wheel off and look at yours and compare it to a liberty that has them already

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. nohitter64

nohitter64 Full Access Member

Thanks. That's what I took. If I don't need the clockspring I will post it I guess. $80 with most of that for the spring.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Billwill

Billwill Full Access Member

2002 KJ unlikely to have enough pins on the clock spring for stability control etc. which did not exist in 2002. Check how many leads you have on the connector coming out of the clock spring and once you remove the steering wheel the clock spring unwinds itself and you have to wind it a few times until a flag shows in the clear plastic section.

I would simply buy a new clock spring which comes with all the pins and is shipped with a locating piece of plastic which you remove once it is fitted in place