Steering (lock to lock) turn question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
ok... I'm coming from many years in CJ's/TJ... I admit that the Liberty turns just as tight, but it seems like it takes more turns of the steering wheel to get it to do so... I feel like when I make a tight turn, that I'm turning, and turning, and turning, and turning..... is there any way to "quicken" up the steering so that it takes less turns (lock to lock) to make a turn? I kinda liked the "twitchy" steering that my old TJ had. Am I nitpicking, or is there maybe an inexpensive way to do this?

Luis

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2.5 turns..just like most vehicles....(or 900 degrees)
you'll get used to it sooner or later....
or u can get a racing steering box, and spend a lot of money....

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tightwadsjeeper said:
ok... I'm coming from many years in CJ's/TJ... I admit that the Liberty turns just as tight, but it seems like it takes more turns of the steering wheel to get it to do so... I feel like when I make a tight turn, that I'm turning, and turning, and turning, and turning..... is there any way to "quicken" up the steering so that it takes less turns (lock to lock) to make a turn? I kinda liked the "twitchy" steering that my old TJ had. Am I nitpicking, or is there maybe an inexpensive way to do this?

Luis

Not likely. Two different systems. KJ is Rack & Pinion, all other Jeeps (except WK)are recirculating ball.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/steering3.htm