Steel Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevinJosi

Reaction score
Busted this out in about 5 hours. Still needs mounted and painted. I haven't decided what I want to do for tow hooks. Im going to box in the unibody while I have it apart, eventually Im going to do a leaf sprung SAS, I'd like to use Toyota axles.

Attachments

• NCM_0109.jpg
    NCM_0109.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 191
  • NCM_0110.jpg
    NCM_0110.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 171
  • NCM_0111.jpg
    NCM_0111.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 165
  • NCM_0104.jpg
    NCM_0104.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 155

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the basic look to it. Are you going to make a spot for fog lights and or a winch?

KevinJosi

Reaction score
Painted and mounted. I used u-bolts from a friends log truck. They go through the bumper, into a spacer and through the unibody. They have back plates that the nuts and washers press against. I made brackets that attach the corners too.

Attachments

• NCM_0120.jpg
    NCM_0120.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 119
  • NCM_0119.jpg
    NCM_0119.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 136

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted and mounted. I used u-bolts from a friends log truck. They go through the bumper, into a spacer and through the unibody. They have back plates that the nuts and washers press against. I made brackets that attach the corners too.

Would it be possible to cut out the bottom part of the grill so you could have a flat across bumper rather than what you have fabbed? I like the idea but not sure how it would work out, or if possible at all.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could cut out part of the grill, but you will have overheating problems most likely due to lack of air flow through the radiator.

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could cut out part of the grill, but you will have overheating problems most likely due to lack of air flow through the radiator.

That was what i was worried about was air flow, oh well :shrug:

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toyota axle probrably wont work
most toyotas are Passanger Side Axles... The Jeep Is Drive Side Input

PunkChachi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to cut out the bottom part of the grill so you could have a flat across bumper rather than what you have fabbed? I like the idea but not sure how it would work out, or if possible at all.

Would you be able to put a grille on from an 05 model where the grill is flat? Then make the bumper only curve up once it is at the fender flares?

I like this look, good job.

Latest posts

Members online