steamy front window, antifreeze smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stacey

Reaction score
I have a 2010 liberty sport. Only 66k miles. Recently started to steam windshield and smell antifreze. I have plenty of heat, and the steam/smell is not ALWAYS present. Really cannot afford to replace heater core. I have read about the back flush, seems like a rather easy try. My mechanic said to use "delete" sealer. What is the general opinion on sealers? And wat kind of antifreeze? And why? All help is appreciated!

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 liberty sport. Only 66k miles. Recently started to steam windshield and smell antifreze. I have plenty of heat, and the steam/smell is not ALWAYS present. Really cannot afford to replace heater core. I have read about the back flush, seems like a rather easy try. My mechanic said to use "delete" sealer. What is the general opinion on sealers? And wat kind of antifreeze? And why? All help is appreciated!

Do you know if there is a leak in the system anywhere? I would only use a sealer temporarily, I had to use a bars leak for my leaking aftermarket rad that was replaced 10 months ago, Mopar rad will be here today and tomorrow will be flushing the system and replacing the rad & Thermostat, I would rather come up with the money for the needed repair than come up with the money for a new vehicle when there is major damage from not being repaired.