Stant radiator cap, any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Broke the seal on my OEM cap this morning checking the level. :favorites68: Ran to the dealer and they wanted $90 for it and didn't have it in stock. Stopped at a local chain store they recommended and got a Stant for $5, it's 16PSI like the OE one. Do I need to order an OEM one or is the Stant good enough to stay?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
$5.00 Is much better than $90.00! And it's in stock! Stant's been around forever, should work fine.

wbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5.00 Is much better than $90.00! And it's in stock! Stant's been around forever, should work fine.

That's what I would say. Never heard good or bad, but they've been around as long as I can remember.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
90 bucks, last one I got there ( Mopar ) was like 20 or so I think, not 90

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used Stant a few times over the years and no problems. Have one as a spare in the back of the KJ right now.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a spare Stant as well.
Only because I forgot the Mopar one at my place when redoing everything on the 05 down home and had to buy one.
It lasted two weeks , KJ was still getting hot, installed the MOPAR cap, no more issues

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think for a second the one with the MOPAR sticker isn't manufactured by one of the common name parts suppliers.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The main seal, it just snapped off.

Oddly the rockauto one listed is wrong for mine, those are 17 or 18 PSI, mine's 16. I just ordered one just like what was on it, same part number, which is 05278697aa. $12 from eBay.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I’m using. The one with the pressure release tab didn’t fit correctly.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used "Stant" in the past with no issues on different vehicles. Haven't used one in a few years now though. I am still running the OEM rad cap with no issues.

Just my experience.

Dave

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get a new res as my return line fitting is cracked. Hoping the aftermarket one will with the cap. Probably just going to let them grab both parts and fit em together before I buy it.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stant has been working fine for me! I'm using just the normal temp gauge so I won't see a few degrees of difference.