Stainless cleaner/polish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can any one of you guys who are **** about clean, waiting on you HoosierJ, recommend a good stainless cleaner? My cat-back could use a bit of attention...

Thanks

Ian

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks much HJ. I figured you'd know what to use. I'll pick some up tonight after work and get at it tomorrow morning. I'll also be certain to post before and after pics.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the parts that are real bad might could use some steel wool before the polish or even some light sandpaper. Around 1500 - 2000. Nvrdull is some good stuff though.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eagle 1 Never Dull is NOT available at Walmart in Cold Lake, Alberta. Heck, not much is in fact. Picked up some "Black something or other" metal polish at the local motorcycle dealer. Dude said it worked well on exhaust systems. Showed me his Ram 3500 with stainless stuff. He's right. I'll get to it Sunday when I'm volunteering ( ie... working my shift so I can keep my keys to it) at the local community car shop.

Thanks for the input guys.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, the Black Magic stuff ***** unless what you're polishing is already polished. It doesn't clean for beans. Going to peel the pipe off this spring and run it across a buffing wheel. Also going to pick up some Eagle One Never Dull next time I'm in the USA.

Attachments

• crap polish.JPG
    crap polish.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 18
  • exhaust tip before.JPG
    exhaust tip before.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 18
  • muffler before.JPG
    muffler before.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 17
  • tip after.JPG
    tip after.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 17
  • muffler after.JPG
    muffler after.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 17

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, if you had have said it was Black Magic Titanium Wheel Polish in your previous post, I would have told you to go ahead and return that.

It is good for cleaning chrome/polished wheels of mild water spots and such. Definitely not good for polishing them back up.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that stuff made me it's *****. I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed. Nuthin' but a sore/tired arm and shoulder. A buddy lent me some CLR metal polish and it worked much better. I think I need something considerably more abrasive/aggressive to cut through the crud on the tailpipe. I'll keep the Black Magic crap for my little hub caps and for cleaning tools. It should be able to handle that much.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking some Autosol, it's a toothpaste like tube of polish and worked very well on a Holley carb and some old 5 slot aluminium wheels. Then some NeverDull. I'll be in Key West in Feb, no Walmart there but I think I remember a Kragen's or Pep Boys parts place on Truman Ave. I'll have to try the wet sand before the buffing wheel. My exhuast is the only "bling" I have, might as well keep it shiney.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that you could use #0000 steel wool along with the metal polish to help provide some extra bite if need be.

Sounds like you have it covered though.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Mothers polish or Wenol with a tight wound buffing pad. If bad spots, I use the 0000 steel wool then repolish.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Canon Rebel XT cannot take video but my old Nikon Coolpix 7900 can. I'll charge up the battery and take it out this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online