Sputtering and CEL While Accelerating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Kj has been driving fine for the past 1500 miles with no problems. I went to go get dinner and it ran fine. When I was on the way back, it was sputtering and the CEL was flashing only when accelerating. I have not checked for a code, but would this be related to a misfire?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Swap the #6 coil with another one and see if the problem moves with it. If it does, you need to replace the coil.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to. It's 9pm and dark right now for me and the engine is still hot. I used a power washer on the engine today and was spraying right at the injector. It ran fine beforehand and just got back driving it again with no problems. I don't know if I ended up getting a connection wet or if its more serious. I just realized this is in the kk section instead of the kj section.

Last edited:

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have figured it out. The stud that the coil on plug is screwed on to was loose. The coil on plug wasn't fully sitting on the spark plug.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Anytime you may think there is a misfire I would always want to inspect the spark plug as well.

I'm glad it was just the coil pack not seated properly.

Last edited: