Spring sag two weeks after replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my entire front and back suspension/bushing two weeks ago. New Bilstein shocks with Moog springs, 2 weeks later, my driver's side rear has 1" of sag with. I measured center cap to top inner fender, 19" on both fronts and 20" passenger rear (is that normal, I see nothing binding to cause it to be an inch higher). I also measured both rear springs, roughly 7" on the rear drivers (sag side) and 8" on the rear pass side. I noticed it looked off parked in the carport so I took measurements. Springs are seated correctly on the isolators, nothing appears bound up. My only guess is crap quality springs and to go with OME as I should have to begin with. Cooper AT 245/70R 16"s

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced my entire front and back suspension/bushing two weeks ago. New Bilstein shocks with Moog springs, 2 weeks later, my driver's side rear has 1" of sag with. I measured center cap to top inner fender, 19" on both fronts and 20" passenger rear (is that normal, I see nothing binding to cause it to be an inch higher). I also measured both rear springs, roughly 7" on the rear drivers (sag side) and 8" on the rear pass side. I noticed it looked off parked in the carport so I took measurements. Springs are seated correctly on the isolators, nothing appears bound up. My only guess is crap quality springs and to go with OME as I should have to begin with. Cooper AT 245/70R 16"s

It should be at 19 inches in front, thats new stock height with OEM crappy springs, so you are there where ya should be
You must not of tightened everything with full weight on the ground, so bushings were bound up and finally settled down to stock height
YES you should of went OME springs and shocks all around

Last edited:

oblivionnewtonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be at 19 inches in front, thats new stock height with OEM crappy springs, so you are there where ya should be
You must not of tightened everything with full weight on the ground, so bushings were bound up and finally settled down to stock height
YES you should of went OME springs and shocks all around
Understood, I am questioning why the passenger side is 1" higher than the driver's side rear, so you're saying that side should settle also? The rear got new boomer rang, control arms, shocks and springs. Do you have the part number for the stock height OME rears? Rock only shows the 2.5-3. Luckily I ordered the Moog springs via Amazon Prime, they take it all back and make it right every time.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There are not any stock height OME springs
You can go 947 rears which give an 1-1.5 inch over new stock height, then 925 front springs
So are you wanting lift or no lift and stay stock height ??

oblivionnewtonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are not any stock height OME springs
You can go 947 rears which give an 1-1.5 inch over new stock height, then 925 front springs
So are you wanting lift or no lift and stay stock height ??
Stock. I haul motos, go camping, that's about it. I thought the setup I picked out would suffice for my needs. Still scratching my head on the pass side being 1" higher, I reused the isolators, so unsure what could have settled when I run a mental checklist of the involved components. Perhaps that one Moog is a defect, an inch higher than the other? Or the the drivers side simply settled before the pass, and it will follow suit when it's ready? Lesson learned, OME with the sag resist would have been the way to go. I may still do that. How fast does JBA get their orders out? I'd like to resolve this by next weekend.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock. I haul motos, go camping, that's about it. I thought the setup I picked out would suffice for my needs. Still scratching my head on the pass side being 1" higher, I reused the isolators, so unsure what could have settled when I run a mental checklist of the involved components. Perhaps that one Moog is a defect, an inch higher than the other? Or the the drivers side simply settled before the pass, and it will follow suit when it's ready? Lesson learned, OME with the sag resist would have been the way to go. I may still do that. How fast does JBA get their orders out? I'd like to resolve this by next weekend.

JBA within a few days
Now if you are hauling trailers , camping etc I would suggest at the very least 926/947s much better than stock which are total junk especially aftermarket ones

Last edited:

oblivionnewtonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA within a few days
Now if you are hauling trailers , camping etc I would suggest at the very least 926/947s much better than stock which are total junk especially aftermarket ones
Ok, I will order those, get my money back on the Moogs. Will only be a $250 difference.
I'll run the Bilsteins for now, upgrade to OME shocks later.

Thanks Tom.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I will order those, get my money back on the Moogs. Will only be a $250 difference.
I'll run the Bilsteins for now, upgrade to OME shocks later.

Thanks Tom.

The rear shocks will be a bit short, may work for a while just so you know . May work ,.............