Spring in the north

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by snowsport, Mar 21, 2009.

1. snowsport

snowsport Full Access Member

Well, since it's officially spring, it's obviously a great time for......

Yes, the dogsled races. These pics are from this morning, in Taylor Flats, B.C., about 15 minutes south of where I live. The weather was PERFECT for this event: lots of fresh snow (about a foot in the past week, and half of that was last night), just cold enough (-14C, or 7F), no wind, and sunny. Good turnout of dog teams doing runs with 4 dogs and 6 dogs. This is one of my favorite ways to say goodbye to winter.....cause it won't last long now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JeepJeepster

JeepJeepster Full Access Member

Whew, its 65F here and I washed my Jeep.. Im sick of that cold and snow stuff.

3. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

It was about 85 degrees here when I washed mine. I hate this state. I miss the cold.:( But at least the ski trip is next week.:D Vactation=rental=WK? or Explorer.

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Full Access Member

Yep, i just spent 4.5 hours washing, liquid claying, claying, washing again, and waxing the jeep. It's 70 and sunny here with a light breeze, great day for it. And damn is that thing shiny.

I probably should have worn sunscreen though, I'm pretty sure I got burned.

5. desertkj

desertkj Full Access Member

90 here in AZ, but not meaning to threadjack. Looks like a lot of fun for everyone involved. The family pet is an Alaskan Malamute so resembles some in the picture. Oh, and the lead dog in the second to the last picture looks possessed lol.

6. snowsport

snowsport Full Access Member

Definitely a HYPER unit. :D Those blue eyes really stand out. Actually, there wasn't a calm, quiet dog anywhere to be seen there, they were all REARING to get the sleds moving. After they did the four mile run, most of them looked like they wanted to get going again RIGHT NOW!! Pretty amazing animals. :)