Spray on-wipe off vehicle wax/polish. Any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day all,

I searched high and low here for any reviews, comments, etc., regarding
"Spray on-wipe off" car wax/polish...
So, I thought I'd ask here and see what everybody has to say!

I realize that applying a "wax" by hand with good old elbow grease,
is by far the best way to wax any vehicle... After clay bar, etc.
And using an electric buffer/polisher, etc.

Unfortunately, if I do that by hand, I'll pay for it "physically" for a week
of more!

So, my thinking is: "Professional detailing first, and then use spray on car
wax/polish after washing the Jeep.
LibertyTC has already given me his input; which I do agree with.

Have any of you folks tried any of these products?

HJ?

Cheers
Ry'

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Use "ICE" myself,quick,easy,does not leave white residue on black trim.Heck I spray it on the windows too. Bottle says quick detailer .

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Meguire's Quik Wax works well, but really isn't the easiest to remove. Hell, it might be easier just to use an easy on/off wax.

Or, try Fukken wax. Should be easy on/off. More of a quick wax deal, and they're based in Ontario IIRC.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
In reality it is difficult to keep up with HJ's impeccable wash and wax every 2 day routine.LOL :D
It is my fault for using Meguires #2 polish on Ryan's door that was faded, in one spot. Now he sees how well that worked and is the cleanest spot on the KJ!:p
The detailer's are expensive for a full and complete exterior clay bar and exterior wax.
What we could do Ryan, is get you to get car wash soap,the clay bar, Meguires #2 and 3 in red bottle, polish cloths, from Crap Tire, and have a KJ clean it up party at your place under cover. Between the 3 of us (Jen Included) if she wants to... Since I will be showing up on the motorcycle, and am in need or biceps building, we can have your kJ in awesome shape (with cool ones)(beerthought) completed in under 4 hours.
My offer is open...
Then we can post some bonus pictures of before and after...!!!:)
After a nice hard coat of proper wax, then you can use the quick wax to maintain gloss !!

Last edited:

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once you do all of that, what i do is then in between waxes i give it a good wash (meguiars car wash) along with a bug and tar remover(over an already wet Jeep) (seen people use that stuff on dry vehicles UGHHH) then once all dry i use Meguiars quick detailer. Not as tedious as waxing won't build up those biceps, so you shouldnt feel it for the next week or so

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i think i have yoru solution!!!

1. find a good looking college age girl.
2. tell her that if she waxes your jeep .. you will give her a tan.
3. when the jeep is waxed. have her stand in front of it and turn on all of those lights..

its a win win situation!!! you get your jeep waxed, she gets a tan, and you get to watch her wax the jeep!!!

how can this go wrong!?

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ry, take Tim up on his offer, if I wasn't 16 hours away I'd help you out too. Anyone willing to wax someone else's gear for beer is welcomed at my place anytime. Between full on waxing I use either Mother's California Gold quick detailer or the Meguiar's Quick Detailer after a wash. Both work very well. Hell, I used the California Gold on my boat all the time, kept it nice and shinny.

Boiler

Reaction score
Not as tedious as waxing won't build up those biceps, so you shouldnt feel it for the next week or so

I've agreed to wash, clay, polish, wax/apply sealant both my moms CTS and her Solstice next weekend, and I'm planning to do the Jeep at the same time. I think I'm going to have a claw for hands when I'm done...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Try Meguires #2 polish on the bike's gas tank. Small swirl's and scratches completely disappear!!!:)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Ry, take Tim up on his offer, if I wasn't 16 hours away I'd help you out too. Anyone willing to wax someone else's gear for beer is welcomed at my place anytime. Between full on waxing I use either Mother's California Gold quick detailer or the Meguiar's Quick Detailer after a wash. Both work very well. Hell, I used the California Gold on my boat all the time, kept it nice and shinny.

Are you kidding..you can with a quick deviated test flight, arrive at South Terminal in 39 minutes. I'll pick ya up with KJ limo.
I'll buy the beer!!! for all of us! :)
(Cheers)
PS: With that bad boy....you'll have the plane back before they even knew it was missing!
Wish You were here!

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I've agreed to wash, clay, polish, wax/apply sealant both my moms CTS and her Solstice next weekend, and I'm planning to do the Jeep at the same time. I think I'm going to have a claw for hands when I'm done...

(lol)

No matter how hard I try (when waxing) Ralph Macchio always pops into my head.

door open ... :D

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although not a spray on / wipe off quick wax, I've found Collinite's #126 Liquid Sapphire wax the easiest to wipe off. I used it on my Dark Khaki '05 Renny, my wife's midnight blue Ford Edge, and daughter's dark blue Dodge Avenger.....all in direct sunlight on a hot day, and this stuff wiped off with ease.

I'm also interested in learning more about this "Clay Bar" thing everyone mentions. Who makes it, is it clear coat safe, and how is it used.....?

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although not a spray on / wipe off quick wax, I've found Collinite's #126 Liquid Sapphire wax the easiest to wipe off. I used it on my Dark Khaki '05 Renny, my wife's midnight blue Ford Edge, and daughter's dark blue Dodge Avenger.....all in direct sunlight on a hot day, and this stuff wiped off with ease.

I'm also interested in learning more about this "Clay Bar" thing everyone mentions. Who makes it, is it clear coat safe, and how is it used.....?

clay bars are sold from several different manufactuars, but imho along with most other car detailing supplies meguiars is the only way to go.

when i clay what i do, is wash/debug/de-tar the Jeep, don't dry it yet, usung the supplied meguiars spray, in small areas you take the clay bar and slide it over the area you are cleaning, the idea is to remove the small particles that are inbeded within the top coats of clear coat and wax that's present, rub your hand over the vehicle before you do this and then after you will notice a huge difference. once you do an area you kneed the clay bar to get a clean surface to work with again, and then do another section of your jeep keep doing this process over and over till your done with the jeep. you can usually get two times out of one clay bar, i do anyway. btw if you drop the clay bar on the ground, say by by and go buy another one.