Speedometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do KJ's with automatic trannies and manuals share the same speedo sensor? I ask because my speedo reads 5-7mph fast aat all speeds. My jeep has a manual, and I'm wondering if it's possible the PO used the wrong sensor. Thanks.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Your signature states 2007 Kj and that is much different than an 05 automatic for instance that uses a speed sensor at rear diff.
The 07 uses ABS speed sensors 1 at each wheel.
If you have no ABS light on my thought is that the previous owner may have had a tire re-calibration entered into the Jeep's computer & that may need to be checked.
For a manual transmission, I'd call the dealer, with your VIN number and see what they have to say, I've only got the auto 42RLE.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I figured I would have to call them. I do have a code for 'implausible wheel speed' for the rear passenger sensor. And there's a sensor on the rear differential over the pinion, so I figured that was it.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I fixed the title & then I fixed myself with a few cool ones..
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online