Speedo Recalibration.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the Stealership the only place that can do this? Mr.Transmission tells me they think they can and if so it would be free. However every dealership in my area Has told me it would cost near 100$ for them to do it. The funny part is that only one out of the 4 Dealers actually knew how to set the tire by Revolutions per Mile. The other 3 told me I didn't know what I was talking about and they could only set the tire size to the preset sizes in the kjs system.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my very early KJ I know that it's revolutions per mile. I'm not sure about the newer computer though. Something makes me think it's preset sizes with it. I'm sure someone who knows will chime in.

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How so is it a wasted effort? I like to not get tickets lol. From a 235 to a 31 is a huge difference I have The Revs per Mile for my new tires Pro-Comp Extreme A/T's

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
This is a waste of effort
free or not

No, It is "a waste of effort
free or not"!

How so is it a wasted effort? I like to not get tickets lol. From a 235 to a 31 is a huge difference I have The Revs per Mile for my new tires Pro-Comp Extreme A/T's

Read above!

It's not a waste,your trans will thank you.

'04 and older needs the DRBIII,'05+ needs the StarScan.

Exactly!

The ****** shifts the way it should, without any BS due to bigger tires.

I would of paid for this if I had too!

Well worth it.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what you want
I have NEVER had any reprograming of any thing done to any of my Jeeps
and they are all doing fine

Yeah the speed is way off
but know the error and drive slower

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The technical name for the setting in the computer is called the "pinion factor". My dealership did it for free when I switched tire sizes. They did it during one of my services.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
The technical name for the setting in the computer is called the "pinion factor". My dealership did it for free when I switched tire sizes. They did it during one of my services.

Me too....I still had warranty at the time, so maybe Chrysler got the bill, but I didn't. :D

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Me too....I still had warranty at the time, so maybe Chrysler got the bill, but I didn't. :D

Ya, aint it nice?
Didn't cost me anything either...
The service tech didn't even know that it could be done!
The ****** in our KJ shifts nice and normal...