Speedo not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shank39

Reaction score
Replaced the output sensor and sensor on differential. Still not working. What the voltage supposed to b on the output transmission sensor

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the output sensor and sensor on differential. Still not working. What the voltage supposed to b on the output transmission sensor

First I assume its a 02-05 , so did you replace the wires from the rear diff up to the frame. Mopar has a wiring kit to replace that, dollar against a donut thats where the issue is .

OH and welcome to JEEPKJ

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I assume its a 02-05 , so did you replace the wires from the rear diff up to the frame. Mopar has a wiring kit to replace that, dollar against a donut thats where the issue is .

OH and welcome to JEEPKJ
Don't forget to use weather proof wire connectors..oh..and get some wore looming (that's what the technical name is right?) Any, 20$ and a beer says that your issue.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya real tech term is Corrugated Tubing. Or split loom tubing is good! :gr_grin:
59017[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Corrugated%20Split%20Loom%20Tubing.jpg
    Corrugated%20Split%20Loom%20Tubing.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 0

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pop the sensor back off the differential, connect a dvom, and turn the key to on and see if there's voltage to it. Should be st least 11v. I believe mine was at like 11.67 when my sensor went bad and I was having this problem.

If you turn the key to on and the dvom to 20v. If the dvom shows no reading, OFL, or a -, or 0.0v....well then you owe Tom a donut, and teeje 20 bucks and a beer lol.

Did you replace the output sensor after this issue started? Have you run the codes? Abs light on?

If the abs light is on, I'd run the codes and see if you don't get a code for low voltage at the rear wheel speed sensor..

If it's not on, and you replaced the output sensor after the issue started, then double check the voltage there.. and move on to the voltage check st the rear speed sensor.

Ps, if you replaced the output sensor with aftermarket, and find that the issue is elsewhere, I'd switch back to the oem output sensor....

Proudsoldier_kj

Reaction score
Hey I know this thread is old but I’m trying to diagnose my kj and I have checked the sensors and wiring to all sensors I even hooked up a Snapon scan tool and can see the the sensors are all reading my speed but the cluster doesn’t show anything what are the chances that my cluster is BO

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I know this thread is old but I’m trying to diagnose my kj and I have checked the sensors and wiring to all sensors I even hooked up a Snapon scan tool and can see the the sensors are all reading my speed but the cluster doesn’t show anything what are the chances that my cluster is BO

What year/model is your Jeep?

You can exercise the cluster by holding IN the Odometer Reset plunger while turning the ignition ON.

All the cluster lamps will light up and the gauges will move back and forth a few times.

This is not a diagnostic but will at least prove if all the gauges are capable of moving.

Most of the cluster is run by a BUS...if we know the year/model we can climb into the relevant Wiring Diagrams.;)

Proudsoldier_kj

Reaction score
What year/model is your Jeep?

You can exercise the cluster by holding IN the Odometer Reset plunger while turning the ignition ON.

All the cluster lamps will light up and the gauges will move back and forth a few times.

This is not a diagnostic but will at least prove if all the gauges are capable of moving.

Most of the cluster is run by a BUS...if we know the year/model we can climb into the relevant Wiring Diagrams.;)

Well I have located the problem but don’t know where to locate the connector for replacement because a Wonderful friend decided to chew up the harness I will try to attach a photo and see if anybody can help me locate the connector in harness to splice into existing harness The Connector is on the passenger side fender well close to the firewall and AC accumulator

05 liberty renegade 3.7l auto 4x4 with part time Option

Thanks for everybody’s help on this form

Attachments

• 4A2E2B0A-B0D2-49A6-A796-E958CB272D32.jpeg
    4A2E2B0A-B0D2-49A6-A796-E958CB272D32.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 12

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably will need to find that connector at a Breaker yard...cut off a length of wire going to the plug and splice that into your existing harness.

If you cannot find that harness you will need to replace each broken wire one at a time with new wiring...make a note of the wiring colors and refer to the wiring diagrams here in section 8W of the 2005 Jeep KJ Service Manual.

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/