Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper13

Reaction score
first off I apologize if this was covered already but there are a lot of posts for me to dig thru. My factory speakers are blown....well some are. Looking to swap them out but the front speakers have that component block/amp? On them. Has anyone swapped to aftermarket speakers? If so what did yall swap to and what did you do with the ********* box?

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife wanted bluetooth so decided to do a full upgrade, including the (4) door speakers (left the dash tweeters installed which run in parallel in the factory wiring). Went to Crutchfield for everything (they make it dirt simple for fitment, parts, cables, etc.)...they include instruction for systems that have speaker amps, like yours.

After install there was a lack of good bottom end so added a 400w Rockford amplified subwoofer. The sub would not fit under the front seat(s) so it got Velcro-mounted under the rear seat in the center space, all cables run under the center console and carpet. When we need the extra cargo space I move it to the footwell so the seats can lay flat since they pivot down a little. Major sound improvement.

02silliberty

Reaction score
My wife wanted bluetooth so decided to do a full upgrade, including the (4) door speakers (left the dash tweeters installed which run in parallel in the factory wiring). Went to Crutchfield for everything (they make it dirt simple for fitment, parts, cables, etc.)...they include instruction for systems that have speaker amps, like yours.

After install there was a lack of good bottom end so added a 400w Rockford amplified subwoofer. The sub would not fit under the front seat(s) so it got Velcro-mounted under the rear seat in the center space, all cables run under the center console and carpet. When we need the extra cargo space I move it to the footwell so the seats can lay flat since they pivot down a little. Major sound improvement.
Pictures?. Like the idea