Spare Tire License Plate Mount and Theft Deterrent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowcrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some time yesterday so I decided to build a license plate mount off my spare tire so I could advertise Jeep al lil more :roflbow: but it also serves as spare tire theft deterrent because its on a slide that I can lock. Gotta love scrap steel laying around. Later I'm going to use this and build a axe and shovel mount off the spare.

Attachments

• License plate and lts 003.jpg
    License plate and lts 003.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 106
  • License plate and lts 004.jpg
    License plate and lts 004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 93
  • License plate and lts 005.jpg
    License plate and lts 005.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some time yesterday so I decided to build a license plate mount off my spare tire so I could advertise Jeep al lil more :roflbow: but it also serves as spare tire theft deterrent because its on a slide that I can lock. Gotta love scrap steel laying around. Later I'm going to use this and build a axe and shovel mount off the spare.

Don't get too crazy mounting other stuff off the spare mount. An oversized tire taxes the gate hinge. A lot of people have ideas to mount a jerry can, etc. from the spare, bad idea. Use a tire carrier instead and mount stuff off that. I would imagine a shovel/axe wouldn't add a ton of weight, but a steel mounting system in addition could.

Also, make sure you make the axe and shovel lockable. You've probably thought of that already.

slowcrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the steel I used is light weight just for that fact you mentioned about the hinge and the mount I build for the axe and shovel will be the same and it will have an adapter for fast removel on and off when not in use or offroading. I build alot of my stuff to be easily removed when not on a camping or offroad trip when I'm back at home and no need to have it on. Thanks for looking out.