sounds?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2002 limited and recently there has been a metallic sound coming from the transfer case/front drive shaft area, with wheel rotation it's really annoying and i'm trying to make sure it's not serious. i need help :emotions122:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked the rear boot on the front driveshaft yet? If not start there, you should see a boot , if boot is torn/gone and you can see bearings then there is the problem . Cheap and easy repair though
Check that first and let us know

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I looked at the upper part of the driveshaft, there is no boot at all and you can see the ball bearings, I guess I found my problem, but how exactly do I go about fixing this. New driveshaft?

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I looked at the upper part of the driveshaft, there is no boot at all and you can see the ball bearings, I guess I found my problem, but how exactly do I go about fixing this. New driveshaft?

New cv head. Its a real simple fix

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See above :). If you have any more questions while doing it feel free to ask. A bunch of us have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online