So, what do you do when your travel vehicle dies?

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
A night visit to the animal ER with the pup. Dehydration/diarrhea and a low grade fever. Still perky and squirmy, but not right.

You must be registered for see images attach

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor pup, hopefully they're all right after some rest, fluids, and whatever else is needed!

sleazy rider

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went in to the closest Animal ER last night about 11 and did the treatment paperwork, they required $150 up front to be seen. Took my pup into the back to do “vitals”. 30 minutes go by, nothing. Finally the tech calls me into the “consult room” and shoves a clipboard with tests they want to run and a listing of the prices. I asked for an explanation of the tests and she seems dumbfounded. Handed her the clipboard back and said until someone explains what and why, don’t touch my dog.

She turns on her heel and leaves without a howdy do. I sat down for another 30 minutes then got loud. Got my dog back, walked out the door without a word and came home.

Rocky’s got a persistent case of diarrhea for four days now. He’s strong and alert because I stopped the food for 36 hours and pushed a 50/50 mix of Pedialyte and water by eyedropper. His kidneys are working fine and the runs have finally abated.

We’ll be going to a local vet first thing in the morning for hopefully competent care.

Got a text from the receptionist that they refunded my $150 just after midnight. They actually did cuz it showed on my account this morning.

sleazy rider

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the good news is whatever I’m doing is working. Lots of electrolytes water and two mini meals kept down and in.

He’s getting scrubbed in a wee bit here. WHEW! He’s ripe! lol

Reactions: JRB

sleazy rider

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also on the good news front, mu headlight rings apparently had an issue crossing the mighty dry Mississippi. They finally got across and landed in the Houston PO yesterday! Should have them sometime this Monday afternoon.

Reactions: JRB

sleazy rider

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wuff. Between my relief about Rocky, two booster shots and a low grade fever from them, I finally crashed hard last night. Went to bed about 7:30 shivering and sweating, woke this morning at 7:40 feeling much better. That length of sleep is a long lost memory of youth. :D

Rocky has a vet appointment this afternoon with a reputable doctor. Since he was, umm, odiferous from being sick, he got a bath this morning and is his old perky self. Thankfully.

sleazy rider

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooops, forgot to update this. Puppers was fine at the vet. Minor ear infection - again -. He’s well back to normal and obnoxious. lol

Doing his cat impersonation.

You must be registered for see images attach

sleazy rider

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a rough November. Twice ran myself to ER for serious fire ant bite reactions. Now I’m just getting over a COVID bout. Stuff’s gotta stop, we’re headed for Maui in just over a week for sun and sand. And a couple rounds of golf. :)

Drove the JK for the first time in just over a week today to get to the drug store. Picking up spouse at airport this evening and figured with my luck, I’d better check. lol. Good news? Tank’s still full two weeks after the last gas stop.