so many noises!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I was out wheeling yesterday, got under the front end at one point and found that my brand new JBA extended sway bar link (Drivers side) had popped right off the bushing. I'd never seen anything like that before. Thought it was odd so i just took the thing off, passenger side too. I've read many mixed feeling forums about driving with this off, and Im practically at the conclusion that if i make a sudden emergency/jerk/sharp turn I will most likely roll the jeep. Is this really true, because it felt normal driving it home on the highway..felt better than normal actually.

I was also getting a ton of clunks going over potholes. I get the same noise when i hit speed bumps, but since the sway bar is gone now I was hoping someone here can point me in the right direction to look elsewhere? (All reading I've done already points to a loose sway bar)

Lastly, I'm experiencing this noise;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3lV0jzZ4f0
This noise only ever happens during a trail (both in and out of 4x4, typically on a sharp turn i've noticed it coming out) Never happens on the pavement. So since i have the exact same noise, is it time to fix the driveshaft?

Im confused if i should be looking at the driveshaft from the t-case, or looking at the cv joints on the wheels.

and finally, my last problem I've experience since I've owned this jeep...something is up with my starting system. If I go into town and pickup some groceries, no problem. So I stop at the store, do my thing, get back in the car and start it up. No Problem!...BUT, maybe now i want to go to the liquor store. So i drive 5min somewhere else and go to the liquor store. Now, when i go to start, it wont. I either have to keep trying until i feel it catching to the point where if i give it some gas it will get fully started and stay started, or I know if i wait a good 10min before starting the jeep again after I've turned it off, I'm usually ok. SO i think I've narrowed this 3 year problem down to; Happens when the engine is hot, and seems to be starter related. other than that, I'm just guessing and really have no clue. Basically if i turn the jeep on and off while running errands, by the 3rd time it hesitates to start. (Ive been getting random cylinder misfire code forever, spark plugs are fine & jeep fires up every morning without any hint of a problem)

If anybody has any input on any of my issues, id love to hear it!

Thanks,

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call up jeepinbyal and tell them about the problem with the sway bar link. Also the sound appears to be coming from the front driveshaft.

Latest posts

Members online