so i turned 50,000 miles last monday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4 ace's

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I turn 50,000 miles last Monday on my 05 and Tuesday on the way to work the check engine light came on. so we put the scanner on to check the code and it came up with a code for the torque converter . so I did a couple of things to it and the light didn't come back on. till this Monday so I called the dealer that we buy a lot of parts from because it is still covered by the 7, 70 . so they had me bring it on Wednesday and there it sit's. I call them today and they tell me it will go in to the trany shop to be tested on Monday to make sure problem is in the trany and not something else. what's funny is the writer knows I'm in the business he see's me picking up parts all the time so don't give me all the story's why you didn't get in yet and that he has to make sure it fall's under the 7 , 70 warrantee . lets just get it done so now i have this feeling i'm going to have a fight on my hands to get this thing fix's . :mad:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
4 aces's, You might actually pleasantly surprised. Look at the bright side 70k miles powertrain warranty. It does not cost the dealer to fix under warranty as Chrysler forks over the bill, so it is in the best interest to diagnose and repair, under warranty.
They get the work they get paid.You could check your owners manual, but I do believe maintenance is not required on transmission until 60k miles. Just do not admit to doing any of the transmission work yourself.
Let us know how it works out. After it is fixed you will be good for a long time, and it is good timing now... before the warranty is up!

Latest posts

Members online