Snow Plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnCav

Reaction score
Has anyone ever mounted a full size snow plow on their liberty, and if so, How does the vehicle perform in the storm? I am not talking about one of those small aluminum plows that youhave to get out of the truck to change direction. I have a meyer from my 94 s10, and I can make it fit with a little cutting and grinding and welding! I was just wondering if anyone uses one, we get some decent storms throughout the winter and I can make some nice money plowing. Any info would be appreciated. I have never seen a liberty with a snow plow as of yet.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not go with a full size steel plow. The front bumper would be dragging the ground. The poly and plexi plows are a much better fit for the KJ. Keep in mind that this is a unibody and that is alot of stress on sheetmetal. (No HD steel frame)

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put one on it, especially a steel one...the front suspension isn't designed for that amount of weight to be on it at all times. I'd expect the coil springs to sag with that amount of weight on them, and if it's for any extended period of time, they probably won't return to their original height.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want one!!!! Then I don't have to take the chevy out of the garage so much. Old ones rust much faster then new ones do.

I don't think I would really get into commercial type plowing the liberty, but it would be cool for plowing my driveway and a couple friends. I would have to stick with the chevy for the parking lots, becuase its just a bit tougher.

You see a lot of wranglers around here with 6 1/2 foot plows on them, so I wouldn't doubt why the KJ couldn't plow too.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tgh117 said:
I want one!!!! Then I don't have to take the chevy out of the garage so much. Old ones rust much faster then new ones do.

I don't think I would really get into commercial type plowing the liberty, but it would be cool for plowing my driveway and a couple friends. I would have to stick with the chevy for the parking lots, becuase its just a bit tougher.

You see a lot of wranglers around here with 6 1/2 foot plows on them, so I wouldn't doubt why the KJ couldn't plow too.

Wranglers have frames. O:)