SMORR Run (MO): April 30th - May 2nd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a thread going on this over at LOST for a little while now, and thought I'd bring it over to see if anyone else is interested in joining us in just a little over a week.

When:
April 30th - May 2nd, 2010

Where:
SMORR - Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
Seymour, Missouri 65746
Telephone: (417) 827-3952
http://smorr.net/index.php

Directions: http://tinyurl.com/SMORR

Camping is available onsite, and I will be calling in for reservations tomorrow for Gary, Craig, Ron, and myself (as previously discussed). If you are coming into this late and need a site after tomorrow (4/14), I would highly suggest you contact the campground right away.

Attendees:
1. yellocoyote +1
2. MtnLuvr + ?
3. kskj +1
4. Jafstl38
5. MP Jeeper

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
In place of the planned Hannibal Rocks run, we instead met near Seymour, MO at Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch (SMORR). Attendees were kskj (w/his son-in-law), MtnLuvr, MP Jeeper and us (yellocoyote & ihatemybike). We had never been to this park before, but I think we can all agree that we all really enjoyed the time spent there. In comparison to most 'midwest' offroad parks I've been to, SMORR was a lot more organized - they have a great map of the trails, and all of the trails are clearly marked as to which trail and what difficulty they are. The campground was great too - people were friendly, clean facilities, snack shop style restaurant on site, and rules in place to keep things from getting too ridiculous in the late hours of the evening.

We, in our KJ's/KK, felt very small here though... most of the vehicles running at this park were rather large lifted jeeps/broncos/etc, and rock buggies. I think we saw one stock TJ at the campground that looked like it had been on the trail. :shock: Vehicle size didn't stop us though... we found enough trouble to get into. :p

It rained off and on the entire weekend, which of course upped the level of difficulty on most trails. A normal level 2 trail became level 3, and so on. Most of our weekend was spent on level 2 trails... and a couple of 3's. Everyone had to be recovered at least once... some more often. :oops:

You know you've made it when you see this:
You must be registered for see images

Friday night run on 'Comanche Pass':

The KJ's/KK Saturday morning post-night run...

Saturday morning on 'PeeWee Crossing':

Down to 'Wild Turkey':

kskj's stuck on 'Wild Turkey':

A high-lift, shovel, and a lot of pushing...

Equals FREEDOM!

The rest of us opted to turn around and go back out the way we came in... and met kskj back up on the main road.

We met some friends of kskj in some built rigs... and tried to keep up... but eventually went our separate ways as to not slow them down.

No lies... there was 10-year old boy driving this thing around. He was awesome! 8)

KJ's/KK off on our own... on a trail called 'Jagermeister'...

I learned (yet again :roll:) the limitations to my AT tires in the mud... :(

But even MtnLuvr's and kskj's MT's had issue in this Missouri mud... :shock: Some guys in built Broncos pulled them free.

Back to camp for a break, lunch, and to do some minor repairs...

'Ridge Road' to 'Armadillo Pass'

MtnLuvr and MP Jeeper went out for a run on Saturday night... I stayed back, feeling a little lucky that I had no damages and my KJ was good to go for the 9+ hour ride home in the morning. I didn't want to press my luck any further.

We had a really good time, and was fun to see everyone again. :D I look forward to the next time we go to SMORR - hopefully in drier weather!

The remainder of my pictures are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=424630&id=851890051&l=41cb5f887d

Latest posts

Members online