Slow to reverse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
Generally, when I'm reversing on a slight incline (my driveway), Libby seems to hesitate before she locks in reverse...and goes....normal?

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suspect the fluid level is probably low. That is the first and easiest probable cause to check first. Of course you have to have the dealer check your level without the dipstick to do it yourself.
Did you ever have the dealer check the crank position sensor to hopefully resolve the starting issue you had?

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. If parked on an incline, your hill start assist is on. This locks the brakes so that you don't roll. If I remember correctly, the brakes hold for 3-5 seconds, then release. This is the hesitation you are experiencing. If it bothers you too much, there is a procedure in your owners manual to turn the feature off.
If you want to verify that this is the cause of the hesitation, follow the procedure to turn the feature off. then park on a hill and see if the hesitation is still there.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. If parked on an incline, your hill start assist is on. This locks the brakes so that you don't roll. If I remember correctly, the brakes hold for 3-5 seconds, then release. This is the hesitation you are experiencing. If it bothers you too much, there is a procedure in your owners manual to turn the feature off.
If you want to verify that this is the cause of the hesitation, follow the procedure to turn the feature off. then park on a hill and see if the hesitation is still there.

are you kidding me, "hill start assist" wth are we that lazy that the manufactures actually thought there was a need for this?

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually a cool feature. It keeps you from having to work the pedals with both feet if you are on an incline.

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually a cool feature. It keeps you from having to work the pedals with both feet if you are on an incline.

I don't understand why someone would even have an issue if they had an automatic ******, 2 pedals, 2 feet.
By the way,that's a nice KK you have there.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I like the feature when I'm going up hill and you have to let of of the gas. You don't roll back at all and you don't have to touch the brake. It is annoying in parking lots though, like the parking lot at my work. It is on an incline.

Latest posts

Members online