Slap to the face

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep Liberty

The Jeep Liberty never got as much respect as it deserved--or it got exactly what it deserved, depending on who you know. Jeep tussled with the degree of carlike qualities in the Liberty, and ended up with a vehicle packaged like an SUV, with less off-road capability and conversely, with the fuel economy of one--unless you're talking about the coveted diesel model. The Liberty's being replaced by the very awkwardly styled 2014 Jeep Cherokee, which has its head on straight when it comes to carlike qualities--it's derived from the Dodge Dart

This is from a yahoo article. I dont think they have ever driven one off road :Nonono:

ONTHEPIPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's gay!!!!!!! I'll take my KJ over any other jeep. I'm far from easy on it and it always brings me home.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another mis-informed "journalist." :whymewhyme:

I quit worrying about how the Liberty is thought of in the off-road community because I know it's capabilities. Every time I take it off-road someone comments on how surprised they are at what the Libby can do - and it's usually a TJ or JK owner who says it.

She doesn't sport a set of 33's, I don't carry a Hi-Lift jack, I can't go topless - but I can damn sure run most of the trails the Wranglers do and then take it to the self-serve wash, clean it up and take my wife and a couple of friends out to a very nice dinner in air-conditioned comfort. Ha! :rotflmao:

Bob

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yahoo journalists are as dumb as most of the people that comment on their articles at the bottom of their web page, I read them just so I can feel smarter.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
person who wrote that obviously never drove a liberty, because they handle exactly like a car.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some new shocks in it,and not those junk monroe or kyb crap.

no, I really mean that they actually ride nice, unlike the rest of the jeeps out there that purists would consider "real"

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Cherokee is ugly as sin. I could accept it as a soft roader with a little more prowess than average but the styling is awful. I wonder who it was who green lit that front end?

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree that the new cherokee is ugly. And I'm pretty sure we wont be able to mod them as much as the old ( real ) cherokee or the libby. But, out of the look, 9 speed trans and a real T-case. It's still WAYYYYYY over manyother VUS that claim being off-road friendly. Anyway, this just make me love my libby more :)

Members online

No members online now.