Skyjacker Platinum LIft Question (updated w/ photo)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much to my surprise, I've discovered (with some help from this forum, thanks guys) that I have a skyjacker Platinum lift on my Renny. What do I need to do to keep from having the Ball Joint Hit Problem? I read that something could be fabbed up, but there wasn't much detail...
Thanks,
Rescu2000

Here is a photo of the front Coil and Shock (strut?). Notice the LARGE bumpstop. Will this prevent me from having the problems others have had with the Skyjacker Platinum lift? Or do I need something else?

http://www.4starsales.com/images/IM001351.JPG

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Rescu2000 said:
Much to my surprise, I've discovered (with some help from this forum, thanks guys) that I have a skyjacker Platinum lift on my Renny. What do I need to do to keep from having the Ball Joint Hit Problem? I read that something could be fabbed up, but there wasn't much detail...
Thanks,
Rescu2000

Here is a photo of the front Coil and Shock (strut?). Notice the LARGE bumpstop. Will this prevent me from having the problems others have had with the Skyjacker Platinum lift? Or do I need something else?

http://www.4starsales.com/images/IM001351.JPG

Only way to find out is to jack it up and see if the UBJ contacts the tire. But from seeing the larger bumpstop, perhaps they corrected the lift.

Bennett

broncsrule

Reaction score
bump stop

All skyjacker lifts come with that bump stop. And no, it doesn't take care of the contact problem. You can get details to the home made fab over on the LOST board. Search under user Jacks Jeep, he is the one who has this fix. I fabbed some thing slightly different this weekend, and will test it out in Moab next weekend. If it seems to work I will post my idea next.

Latest posts

Members online