six seater liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally did something worth sharing

You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Are those motorboat seats?

(I guess any seat could be a motorboat seat, depending on who's sitting in it.) :happy175:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually legal in Idaho to ride without a seatbelt if they're already all taken. So with this bolted to the body with a seatbelt (just like the factory seats) it's better than nothing. Oh and it is a boat seat and I can sit in it and I'm 6'1, but it is intended for smaller people. And I regularly have 6 people in Bluebert

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually legal in Idaho to ride without a seatbelt if they're already all taken. So with this bolted to the body with a seatbelt (just like the factory seats) it's better than nothing. Oh and it is a boat seat and I can sit in it and I'm 6'1, but it is intended for smaller people. And I regularly have 6 people in Bluebert

That's not the point. Point is you're doing 2 things wrong:

1) Exceeding maximum occupancy of your vehicle
2) Putting a passenger in the crash crush zone of a rear collision.

Better think twice before putting someone "Smaller" back there.

If you need to seat 6 people, get a vehicle designed to seat 6 people.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not the point. Point is you're doing 3 things wrong:

1) Exceeding maximum occupancy of your vehicle
2) Putting a passenger in the crash crush zone of a rear collision.

Better think twice before putting someone "Smaller" back there.

If you need to seat 6 people, get a vehicle designed to seat 6 people.

The third is naming your Liberty " BLUEBERT"

Now I'm offended
:ROFLJest:

Bert

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your source for SUV third and fourth row seats - Little Passenger Seats

sorry you guys don't like it, but didn't want to nor could afford another vehicle at this time. The way i see it, i saved $500+ and a couple months wait for someone else to build it. The link above is just one of the few companies i ran across that builds something similar.

sorry link doesn't seem to post, google them if you care to or don't

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to be rude but this is still a crazy idea. The company you referenced above manufactures seats rated to protect in a collision and is high enough to protect most peoples heads/necks. The boat seat you have could potentially cause someone's neck to be snapped or head hit the window. Even the manufactured ones I cannot and would not trust. I needed a bigger vehicle so bought a bigger vehicle!

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I was rear ended while driving my Liberty last year. The car was going 50-60kph but was hard enough to damage my rear bumper and crush in my metal gas take skid plate. Injured my neck, Shoulder and arm in the impact while facing forward in the driver seat and buckled. I couldn't imagine what would happen if someone was sideways in the hatch. Just want you to be educated on this.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your source for SUV third and fourth row seats - Little Passenger Seats

sorry you guys don't like it, but didn't want to nor could afford another vehicle at this time. The way i see it, i saved $500+ and a couple months wait for someone else to build it. The link above is just one of the few companies i ran across that builds something similar.

sorry link doesn't seem to post, google them if you care to or don't

Can't fix stupid I guess. :shrug:

In theory: great idea, great build.

In reality: you're going to kill a kid.

Latest posts

Members online