sirius radio quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 sport came with Sirius and a year of free service so I've been testing it out and really have not been impressed with the quality of the music. It sounds like it's coming through mono/muffled or something... I don't know if something is wrong with my hardware or that's just how it sounds... basic FM sounds killer comparatively. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Any opinions?

Thanks

acbafam

Reaction score
re Siriusly troubled

Go back to the dealership and get it rectified!
Sirius from the factory should sound CD or better... depends on if it's my Kix CD thats been abused on the beach... but hell it still plays...
I have it in mine as well and I also have the Kenwood unit in my wife's WJ.
mine is as good as hers.
I did have similar troubles in my Cougar with another haed unit and Sirius, it siriusly sucked due to a bad sat tuner...
Good luck and post up when they fix it. I would like to know what they say is wrong...

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems with mine. Arrange an appointment with your dealer as polomaan suggested.
Greg

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess it's time to have a chat w/ the dealer... I'll post up what happens

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
Definitely take it in... mine sounds as good as the CD... about the only time I lose signal is when I'm in a pkg garage, or going through an underpass.

Rode from Tampa to Gainesville (about 120 miles) this last weekend and only lost signal once going under the interstate.

On a related note, I have to give a BIG thumbs up to the stock sound system in my Liberty. It sounds EXCELLENT IMO... great bass (for no subwoofer), and good treble as well.

Luis

Latest posts

Members online