SilverStars - They're not Rims like maybe I thought they wer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsan

Reaction score
(Aeh) What exactly are SilverStars, and why is everybody running them? What makes them stand out as one of the must-have mods? Isn't a bulb is a bulb is a bulb?

Also, the Sylvania website mentions SilverStars should last one year under average driving conditions. My OEM headlights have always lasted me 4, 5, 6 years. Why would these only last one year?

Also, am I really going to get a benefit? My OEM lights already seem really bright, and I'm getting flashed by one out of every 12 vehicles as if I have my brights on. Are the stock headlights really that bright or might the new front chrome grill have something to do with this?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
they emit whiter hotter light, so it is in a sense brighter.
after mine burnt out after just about over a year, going back to the oem ones were...... :-k :-s

i miss having them, but will wait it out till the summer....again to replace the oem bulbs..

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first one burnt out 1.5 years later. I ran a stock bulb with a Sylverstar and while the Sylverstar was a little brighter they aren't that much different to me. The second one just burnt out at 2 years and now I'm back to the stock bulbs. If they lasted longer they'd be worth it to me.