side window wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on almost every vehicle i have owned over the years, the side windows would "squeegee" themselves if you simply rolled them down, and back up again. none of the side windows on this one will do that. i don't know if that is a design deficit, or if mine are worn completely out, missing a part. seems odd that none of them do this. help please.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my liberty for 16 years and I've honestly never paid attention to see if mine does this. Hardly drive it in the rain anymore or I would check.

The window wipes are felt so Im not sure how they would remove water. Their only purpose is to keep a lot of junk from gathering inside of the doors.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here Jeepster, never pay any attention
Now Ill have to go sit in the rain in all 3 and see ;)

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live where we get snow and ice. dropping the window to remove some of that after scraping usually clears whatever i miss. and what ever accumulates as i drive (warm window, cold snow). the latter of those is usually only a problem driving in the city, which is where you need the most side vision.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I live where it snows as well, never have an issue with fogged up windows though
of course I keep all side glass and rear glass waxed very well all the time so maybe that makes a difference