Show Me Your Black Aluminum Rims with photos!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I want a new set of black Aluminum rims for my 04 OME lifted KJ! (lift finally getting installed today)
SO...here we go shopping soon for a set of black rims x5 and I need to see some ideas of KJ replacements rims.
Please include manufactures with pics and what tire size you have for your lifted kj's. A link to product would be helpful as well.
Rim size and backspacing would also help, want to go bigger tires let say 16 or 17 inch 245- 70 or 75 again in silent armor's.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you like the "moab" style rims, then these are just the thing. In my opininon, there is nothinbg cleaner than a simple 5 spoke design...

MAMBA MR1

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...wheelFinish=Black+Painted&partnum=MR16865B13B

I don't personally have these, but I would imagine they look alot like the "moabs" that everyone likes. A little more than "Soft Ds", but then they are aluminum...

Stay away from 17" rims. I had 17" rims, and found there were fewer choices in tires sizes that would fit a Liberty, and when I did find tires, they where more expensive than the same 16" tire...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like my 17s and the reason there are not many choices, is because they are not meant for off-roading. However there are enough A/T tires out there.
M1 looks nice, but I wonder if it is exact replica with BS and all that, so that it sits nice and mean with a better stance.

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my Pro Comp 8128's with 31x10.50R16:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my Pro Comp 8128's with 31x10.50R16:

You must be registered for see images

Hey. What are the other wheels in your pic? I love those and am looking for some wheels right now.

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. What are the other wheels in your pic? I love those and am looking for some wheels right now.

They are from an older TJ. The style is called "Gambler". I liked the look of them, but they started to corrode and required spacers to fit on a KJ. I still have them with the tires show in the pic, spacers, and have TPMS sensors installed for an 04. I'd sell them for a fair price, if interested send me a PM.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black powder coated Moabs from an 05 TJ Rubi:

Colerhodes8

Reaction score
Hi I was wandering a little facts about your jeep. Is it lifted at all? If so what was the lift, and how much did it cost. Also how much did your rims cost. Thanks!
Cole

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I was wandering a little facts about your jeep. Is it lifted at all? If so what was the lift, and how much did it cost. Also how much did your rims cost. Thanks!
Cole

Might want to mention whose you are asking about
As far as cost figure 750 to 4500 depending on what you want
Reading through the various posts on lifts/wheels etc will give you some insight as to what it takes