Shovel and Axe Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowcrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well finally got around to doing my shovel and axe carrier built in with my license plate bracket. As everything I like to build its multi-funtional. I can carry a shovel up top/axe down below and room for anything else I want to mount thats light in weight by adding more Quick Fists. Figured a bright yellow shovel would get the attention of meat headed rear end drivers as well. I can take it apart slide the carrier out and slide my plate carrier back in if I do not want it all on. I used 2 different size bolts and nuts to keep the carrier squared on and for anyone who thinks they want to try and steal it easily. This one cost me $20 to build because i had to buy 2 sets of Quick Fists. All in all it came out well. There is after and before pics because im wired that way, :icon_smile:

Attachments

• jeep shovel carrier 001.jpg
    jeep shovel carrier 001.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 240
  • jeep shovel carrier 002.jpg
    jeep shovel carrier 002.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 188
  • jeep shovel carrier 004.jpg
    jeep shovel carrier 004.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 165
  • jeep shovel carrier 005.jpg
    jeep shovel carrier 005.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 159
  • License plate and lts 005.jpg
    License plate and lts 005.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Nice and clean ... if you keep parking that close to cruisers you should be fine with theft :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Dave

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a cool fab my friend. I did something similar only the shovel mount is bolted to my cargo deck. Have you thought about putting some sort of lock on them? I had a surf rod i made at a bait shop stolen right off my roof rack while i was getting a redbull omw to the beach. Lots of **** bags out there

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a lock, you can drill a hole in the shaft of the shovel near the handle and run you a longer shank lock thru it.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

slowcrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was one thing I was thinking about and another was building some clamp jaws that will lock it in place

Latest posts

Members online