Should I get a Jeep liberty 2007?

Discussion in 'KK General Discussion' started by JaxonWyatt, Apr 3, 2020.

1. JaxonWyatt

JaxonWyatt New Member

My jeep liberty 2005 is currently dying and I thought it's probably a good time to get another car, I'm stuck between getting another jeep liberty probably 2007 or getting a newer jeep that's around 2014.

If I do get a 2007 jeep liberty as long as I take care of the car it should last me long right? I really lile how jeep liberty models between 2002 and 2007 look and my jeep libery 2005 has always been reliable.
    vidmate mobdro word counter

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  2. Billwill

Billwill Full Access Member

I believe the 2007 KJ has a Drive By Wire Throttle Pedal that gives problems but maybe I am confusing this with another model....possibly the 2007 CRD which we could get on the Export KJs!

The KK has much more interior space than a KJ which is neat but does not look "Jeep" enough for me!;)

3. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Yes the 2007 were a cross over year where drive by wire systems were now being introduced.
    Even though the rear seats fold flat in 2008 and up KK, man I am so glad my 04 KJ has none of that electronic nanny stuff.
    Basics for me having no ABS, traction control or TPM have proven to be extremely reliable.
    Trying to find low mile KJ's are getting very hard to find today though.

4. Liberty&Justice4All

Liberty&Justice4All New Member

I have an 07, only had for about 6 mths. Has 127k on it now had 124k when purchased $3,600 for it. I had to replace the heater core(after deer season thankfully) but that’s it. I put AT’s on for off-road use. The throttle is very responsive, steering is tight, rides good, interior fine for me (shorty 5’3), Like the spare location, everything works as should.. just my two cents.

5. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I only buy 02-05s after that too much other stuff was added to them
    when lifted the 07s can be a pain if not aligned just perfect for example

Liberty&Justice4All likes this.
  6. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

I've had mine for six years. Bought it with 42,000 miles and just coming up on 98,000 miles now. Being a transition year they have their quirks (you may have some KK stuff under the hood, for instance my PCV valve is the new type), but mine has been fine.

7. lfhoward

lfhoward Full Access Member

Yup, 07 engine & under hood electronics are identical to my 08.
    I’ve had my 08 since it had 23K miles on it. Now in 2020 it has 169K miles. Never had any electrical issues. It has always been reliable in that respect.

8. Sabatino Frigone

Sabatino Frigone New Member

9. Sabatino Frigone

Sabatino Frigone New Member

I just bought a 08 Jeep Liberty worst Jeep I have ever owned. It’s sitting in my backyard because it won’t start. It won’t turn over everything lights up and the remote works but it does nothing. I have owned many great Jeeps in my life but this is not one of them. I can see why there so many for sale!

10. David Ruozi

David Ruozi New Member

I couldn't agree more. My 08 had 60k on it a year and a half ago when I got it for my wife. Oil pan and transmission pan both rusted through to the point of not holding fluid, which killed my wife's transmission while I was working out of state. $8,000 for jasper remanufactured trans, starter, batt, engine oil pan (alone that pan was $1000 because they have to pull the motor to do it, or the front diff) And we have had nothing but electrical issues the entire time we have owned it. Just cooked 2 alternators in a week. Been chasing shorts for days and am starting to think the short is in the PCM.

11. David Ruozi

David Ruozi New Member

Oh yeah, I forgot fo mention, Our Liberty only has 85k on motor right now 3k on trans, and still can't drive the thing