Should I do it????

Should I do it????

• yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • no

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've looked at a number of JK's, and liked every one of them. I was wonderig, should I trade in???? I've never owned a convertable, so it'd be cool to remove the top and doors....plus they age better in my opinion...and a SFA......

However, the KJ is nearly paid off, and it maybe nice to have one less payment. We'd rather get rid of the Durango first....

Should I do it if I find one that's optioned right???

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
In today"s economic crisis, and the fact that it would be 1 less payment...I had to vote no. It only makes sense to me. Drive that baby right into the ground!!:p

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted "no" on trading the KJ because you said it was almost paid off and you would rather trade the Durango first. So you should consider keeping the KJ and trading the Durango for a JK. This would be my thought, given only the information in your post.

It is always nice to have a vehicle paid off.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I voted "no" on trading the KJ because you said it was almost paid off and you would rather trade the Durango first. So you should consider keeping the KJ and trading the Durango for a JK. This would be my thought, given only the information in your post.

It is always nice to have a vehicle paid off.

Dave

I'm thinking the same thing....

We'd be all for trading the Durango on a Jk, but we need more space and comforts for long road trips.....

Thanks.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^so you need a 4dr JK then.......:D

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^^so you need a 4dr JK then.......:D

Dave

Yes, but we'd still like to have nearly as much space as the Durango....

Plus, I might be moving back north((partysmile)) and have a boat, so I'd need a good tow rig. I'd keep the Durango for that, I'm not sure abou a 2wd on a boat ramp....

Thanks...:)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but we'd still like to have nearly as much space as the Durango....

Plus, I might be moving back north((partysmile)) and have a boat, so I'd need a good tow rig. I'd keep the Durango for that, I'm not sure abou a 2wd on a boat ramp....

Thanks...:)

Moving up north.........too hot in Margarita Ville, eh......How big is your boat?? The KJ pulls mine like it isn't there. (19' and about 4,500 lbs loaded on the trailer). I agree I always use 4wd on the boat ramp. Saw someone almost launch a 2wd once.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Moving up north.........too hot in Margarita Ville, eh......How big is your boat?? The KJ pulls mine like it isn't there. (19' and about 4,500 lbs loaded on the trailer). I agree I always use 4wd on the boat ramp. Saw someone almost launch a 2wd once.

Dave

Pretty hot....77 already. Should hit high 80's...smashfreakB.gif

We sold our 36 footer off when we moved here....didn't want to put it in the salt water. Of course, we didn't tow the 36....

If we move, we'd probably get about a 30 footer......

We used to tow our 24 with a Jimmy, and it always worked.....

Thanks....

aB²

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for the JK! I did this too, but I still have de KJ... so now i have a KJ and a JK

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are getting into wheeling, I'd get the JK, but for towing or just daily driving, the Durango is probably a much better vehicle.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you are getting into wheeling, I'd get the JK, but for towing or just daily driving, the Durango is probably a much better vehicle.

Yeah...I'm going to hold on to the KJ for a while, then when my son gets it in 4 years I'll get a JK (which he won't like)......

We're going to trade the Durango on a XK or the new Grand ('11)....

EDIT: 800th post!!!! Yeehaw!!!!

Thanks to everyone for voiceing their opinion.:)

Last edited:

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In today"s economic crisis, and the fact that it would be 1 less payment...I had to vote no. It only makes sense to me. Drive that baby right into the ground!!:p

x2, coming up on my last couple payments, and am as it was said here, going to "drive this baby into the ground".

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok...got my mind made up. I'll probably get one by the end of the year. Wife and I will both get new rides....:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...got my mind made up. I'll probably get one by the end of the year. Wife and I will both get new rides....:D

So you are going to get a 2010 Grand and a JK??

No more KJ??

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So you are going to get a 2010 Grand and a JK??

No more KJ??

Dave

Were going to buy an 06 Durango 4x4, and we'll have that till we can get an 2010 Grand used.

And, sadly, we won't have a KJ.But I'll still hang here just as much...:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were going to buy an 06 Durango 4x4, and we'll have that till we can get an 2010 Grand used.

And, sadly, we won't have a KJ.But I'll still hang here just as much...:D

What year is the Durango you have now?......it wont make it until the 2010 GC comes out.......probably only 5 months or so.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What year is the Durango you have now?......it wont make it until the 2010 GC comes out.......probably only 5 months or so.

Dave

We'll probably only have it a 2 years at most....:)

Latest posts

Members online