Short little snow trail with story of recovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a short little snow trail behind my work. I had already covered the first half of the trail before thinking of filming it so you don't get to see much. As you can tell lots of people go through here. On this day it was particularly easy... it was almost as smooth as a road, the snow was only 4-6" deep outside the tracks. The slight right hand bend near the end doesn't look like anything but it leans to the left underneath and is very icy making it quite tough to avoid going into the left hand ditch.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ettLTwU_QI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ettLTwU_QI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Two days later when the snow was 8-10" deep I recovered a full size GM van (2wd) from here. I dragged him almost twice the distance of this video because we couldn't get him turned around. I pulled him out of his original rut, unhooked him and he got stuck right away, after several attempts I decided to pull him right through to the road at the end.

I must admit there is quite a feeling of accomplishment you get after you rescue someone.

One question do you take the $20 he offers or not. The guy had phoned his wife to come help dig him out and she had to bring their 6 month old (no babysitter). So I didn't take the $20 and told him if he still felt guilty after a week then come buy me a burger for lunch.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having trouble with the video..........probably my old computer.

Anyway, you did good. If he's not too embarassed he will buy you lunch. I might have taken the $20 - depends - he probably needed it more with the wife and kid along with some more smarts for taking a 2wd van down a 4wd road.

You did the right thing.

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
No video.....who are you hosting it through?

I woulda let him Keep the money...especially for the munchkin.

I'm not really one to take somebody's money after doing a good deed for them. Just the feeling alone of helping somebody out in need is plenty for me. Besides, some day, down the road, you might find yourself in a situation where you need some help, and some person who you've probably never ever seen in your life might give you a hand.