Shop Manual Kinda Pricey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was surfing for a 03 shop manual and came up with this site with one for $139 bux. Kinda expensive. Anybody see one cheeper anywhere? :-({|=

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately that's about where they are priced. I recently looked for an '04... and it's going to have to have to wait until tax refund day! Let me know if you find anything cheaper!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
u can get scans of it on ebay on a pdf format....for about 20 or so bux. It's about 2000+ pages, so u can bring it to like kinko's or something and have me print it

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
u can get scans of it on ebay on a pdf format....for about 20 or so bux. It's about 2000+ pages, so u can bring it to like kinko's or something and have me print it

Ebay huh? What can't you find?

And Kinko's?! Are you at a Kinko's? I once managed one...

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone point me to a web site where I can purchase a manual, other than on ebay. I hate ebay. Thanks guys \:D/

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep Liberty Factory Service Manual

2002-2003 printed, or on CD - $79.95 USD
2004 printed, or on CD - $129.95 USD
It says printed manuals can take 6-8 weeks!!

6-8 weeks!??! Here's my thoughts... in 6-8 weeks they cut the trees, pulp the wood and process it into paper and then ship it to a printer who then has to wait for the ink to arrive and load that into the machine before they can print you a manual which will ultimately be missing the ONLY chapter you need. If you want it bound I bet that takes the 7th and 8th week while they sit around watching the glue dry. The chapter you're missing will be available but only after you've grown so frustrated that you've sold the vehicle, then a "super deal for a limited time only" flyer for it will show up in your mailbox for the next 6 years.

So good luck with ordering one. I know I'm in the same boat, but I'll be putting off getting a printed version until probably next summer. For me the FSM (Factory Service Manual) is the only way to go, I've tried the Chiltons/Haynes and they're never complete enough and just end up frustrating me when I break a $30 plastic clip that wasn't mentioned in their cheaper/briefer service guide.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:

Ebay huh? What can't you find?

And Kinko's?! Are you at a Kinko's? I once managed one...

oops. I meant em, not me.....

never worked at *****'s....
tho did spend a good few hours there photocopying someone else's accounting workbook...(back in college..... \:D/ )

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe they charge the same price for cd and book. They are making a killing on the cd's! I smell a skunk here. Not many people want to wait 6-8 weeks for the print so people will get the cd for the SAME price. All they need is the pdf and make thousands of copies for what, $.25 or less per blank cd?

If you want to use the cd manual when you do repairs, YOU have to use your paper and printer to print the needed pages, which means more cost to us.

Those CD's should be selling for $30 at the most. They will sell more in the long run.

What a ripoff!

Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4Factor said:
2002-2003 printed, or on CD - $79.95 USD..... FSM (Factory Service Manual)
Holy Crap.

I just bought the FSM (yes the factory original, not a repro) new CD for $11.99 + $3.00 s&h = $ 14.99USD from a Power Seller on ebay. Works on both winblows and Mac OS X (thank you Jesus). You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) and a printer to print specific pages if you are ever inclined to do so.

Shop around people.
- Hammer.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:
4Factor said:
2002-2003 printed, or on CD - $79.95 USD..... FSM (Factory Service Manual)
Holy Crap.

I just bought the FSM (yes the factory original, not a repro) new CD for $11.99 + $3.00 s&h = $ 14.99USD from a Power Seller on ebay. Works on both winblows and Mac OS X (thank you Jesus). You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) and a printer to print specific pages if you are ever inclined to do so.

Shop around people.
- Hammer.

Yes, I love Mac OSX as well. It is so easy to use \:D/ And nearly crash proof.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any 2004 FSM out there yet? Just did a search on ebay for "Factory Service Manual Jeep Liberty" and only a 2002 FSM for $64.95 came up in the search.

On ebay, Jared5755 is selling the 2002 FSM on CD for $8.94 + Shipping ~$4.50.

I need the `04.