****** Week.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayosick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when shit decides to break for me it really breaks. First off my differential started to act up and make alot of noises last week. Then my rear windshield wiper froze halfway up and now it is a ***** to open my tailgate. Then yesterday my window regulator decides to take a shit on me.

I am trying to figure out the cost to get these replacement done. Compare dealership to me doing the work. Plus how difficult are the replacements.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that *****. The window regulator and wiper aren't too big off a deal, but the differential is another story. You're looking at $300 just to take it apart and put it back together. That's with no parts. When my rear diff started making noises kind of like a tire out of balance, it was the LSD split in half and damaged the pinion bearing. It wasn't too much below $1000 for a DTT and complete rebuild.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your week...
I thought I was close to you when my front diff started leaking and then my driveshaft rear boot tore open and started growling so I had to remove that until I can get a replacement, and I got a decent pulsating when brakes are applied right after I replaced the backs, so even though the fronts have plenty of meat I know its time for new rotors, and last but not least I ran over a good sized nail in my 6 month old tires, too bad its about 1" from the sidewall so no possibility for a patch so I had to go with a plug...

Only good thing so far is that my Jeep dealership quoted me just under $200 to replace the pinion seal in my front diff, so I was alright with that price for the work I know that is involved. Oh and my plug was done for free from a nice guy at the local Superlube and it seems to be holding up which is nice!

Latest posts

Members online