Shifting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

!88liberty

Reaction score
I am new to this forum. I am looking for some help with an issue.
My 2005 Liberty Renegade is having transmission issues. When I start driving it run like normal. after about 15 minutes my transmission drops down to what I think is 2nd gear and will not shift up or down. If I stop and turn off the ignition and start it back up, it runs fine again.
I thought it was the speed sensors so I changed both input and output. This did not help. I still have a P0700 code when I check the codes.
I also noticed that a mile or less before the transmission looses it mind. The tire pressure warning light flashes 3 time then goes out. After pressure light goes out I got about a mile and issue occurs.

Has anybody had this happen and how did you fix it.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your trans is going into limp in mode. Locks in third. I had this happen to me last week i dropped my pan and the sump style filter was loose. I got a p0841. Could be that could be the solenoid pack could be the pressure sensor. I have put alot of miles on her and seems to be shifting like normal. I woukd start there or take her in for a diagnostic.

!88liberty

Reaction score
Jbergum
Thanks for the input to my question. Yes I agree with the limp mode diagnosis. I guess its time to change the ****** filter. Where is the solenoid pack and pressure sensor located?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solenoid pack is on the valve body. The plug is on top of the trans i could be wrong but you drop the pan drop the valve body swap em and reverse to install you tube has some good vids for the 45rfe which i have in my 2002. The sensors are all on the sides speed on the driver and pressure on the passenger side if i am not mistaken.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 42rle sensors locations are different from the 45RFE.
the 2 speed sensors are outside but the pressure switch is inside so you'll need to drop the pan to get to it.

Latest posts

Members online