Shamwow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
zee germans made it, muzt be gut.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found (the hard way) that most stuff advertised in these info-mercials never lives up to their claims.

Usually though, the price makes it worth a look and in this case I would feel the same way. Twenty bucks isn't too much to spend even if they are only half as good as he claims. I've seen these being demo'd at car shows, but never bought any.

If you do get them, let us know how well they work :D .

Paul
________
vapir air one

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
the only GOOD synthetic shamis that i ever used was from Zymol ive tried meguires, turtle, and another main brand one that i cant remember now and didnt like them.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! I mean SHAMWOW! Another magic towel....it might be good, but I'll let someone else spend their money and find out first.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a real chamois that is old and still works well. I also bought "the absorber" that comes in a plastic tube at Advance I think and was only around $8.95 or something like that. I either use one of those or sometimes a wax as you dry product depending what I feel like at the time. I am not a professional detailer or anything.

As far as that particular product - no - I havn't used it. I am also a little apprehensive of infomercials and their products as some have already noted.

If you do decide to get one, you could write a product review and let us know what you think of it.

Dave

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I want to get one. Just wondering if anyone here used one. Before I bought it. Getting ready to buy some detailing product to clean off all the salt and dirt that got piled on during the winter months.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of detailing guides and it seems those microfiber towels are good for drying off / polishing / waxing , etc...

Can't wait for the temperature to get above freezing so I can clean my Jeep. I might have to run it through the car wash, because I don't think that going to happen for a month or so.

Last edited:

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of detailing guides and it seems those microfiber towels are good for drying off / polishing / waxing , etc...
I just bought a package of 25 microfiber towels at Sam's Club for about $25. I highly recommend them for just about any cleaning/polishing chore.
These particular towels aren't real big (about 12"x12"), so for drying it may not be the best. I do have a larger one for drying (about 24"x36") and all you have to do is throw them in the washing machine and they come out like new.

I've never had good results with a chamois down here in South Florida. Seems to streak a lot.

Paul

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
there are three styles of microfiber. 1. the small 12" polishing cleaning wipe 2. the large bathtowel waffle cloth for rough drying 3. and the large bathtowel tight weave microfiber ( looks like felt) the last one works best for drying.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the megs SYN chamois isnt much. It does ok but it wasnt worth $10. I recently got some new California drying towels and Im fairly happy with those. The megs WW drying towels did good when new but declined fairly quick.

Ive only used the California towels with ONR and but Ive yet to use them with a regular wash. They really seemed to grab the surface of the paint and didnt glide like the megs towels but my brother used them when he did a regular wash and said they did great. Thats the only disappointment Ive had with them, they suck the water up and dont leave any streaks behind though.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/microfiber-waffle-weave-car-wash-drying-towels.htm

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, wow, just watched that vid. It dried the area UNDER the carpet.. Anyone really believe that BS?

Holy crap! I didnt realize he didnt even push on it?! He just layed it on it and acted like it sucked it out of the carpet!! Love those vids.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bought a pack and dried my dog, it sucked the blood, now my dog is dead

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I go to the local Chinese mall where they have an awesome dollar store.
For $20.00 I buy 12 or so brand new terry cloth bath towels. I find that they work the best (until one falls on the driveway, then that one is relegated for tire cleaning purposes only!)
I also have one of those "California squeegees" A big 24 inch long silicon rubber blade.
That thing really works great!