Sensor(s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on another post that Jeeps are kind of finicky about sensors when replacing them. I have 2) O-2 sensors that are bad, an upper on bank 1, and a lower on bank 2. so i get the fun job of replacing them. since I have never replaced one prior to these, i need to ask a couple of things. first, is which is bank 1 and bank 2? second, if these are finicky, what is the best sensors to buy? third, how difficult is it going to be to remove sensors that have most likely in the pipes since the car was new? and fourth, are there any tricks that will make this a LOT less frustrating? / oh, yes, the car does have a drivability problem. when the kj is about 2/3rds of the way warmed up, there is a weird I'm not really sure how to describe it, kind of a mushy, bog, flat spot just after it shifts to 3rd gear while accelerating. if i push the accelerator down to about 3/4 open, it will most of the time clear up. sometimes it will drop down a gear, sometimes not. the only codes i get is the 2) O-2 sensors. which states it is running rich because of them. if the pcm is dumping a lot of extra fuel in because of the sensors, I guess it makes sense that it is bogging out until i let more air in. and i have checked this with 3 different code readers. the last being a "Blue Driver" that I just bought.

'

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bank 1 is the drivers side of the engine. A Bank 1, Sensor 1 will cause drivability issues where sensor 2 is just there for catalyst efficiency

I think the OEM sensors are NGK

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
NTK Jeep likes them !
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Refer to FSM for removal. Do you have the 05 FSM?

Latest posts

Members online