Semi-New to Jeep & KJ Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sioux_KJ

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I did have an account here several years ago, but it timed out, got deleted, forgot U.N., password, whatev. I have a 2004 with 99k on it. I used to drive it back in college while my parents owned it and just recently bought it from them outright. My Parents/I have had it since 36k miles. (somewhere around there i think) Its been a great vehicle and haven't had any problems with it. I got the lowerball joint replaced after the recall. The thing is still stock but not for long now that it is entirely in my possession. My first line of business is to get it sound mechanically. It needs an oil change in like 500 miles and i am thinking about changing fluids.

What fluids need to be replaced? Trans? Differential? others?
Is it worth going to full synthetic or a high mileage oil?

Tires will also need to be replaced before too long. Need to do some more research to decide which way i want to go with those.

Also, my brother has an 05 CRD and lives in the same apt as i do. Kinda fun to park next to each other.

thank you for any info you can lend. i will try to be around as much as possible to learn as much as possible

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to forums again.
I also have 04 (best year IMHO) I will reply in your general forums post re fluids & such.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I used to live in Bismarck, actually. Still have family there and in Jamestown.

Might be worth checking about having a set of tires for summer and an additional set of winter tires for living up in ND.

My dealership always tries to get me to pay for them to bleed my brakes, but I've never bothered with it and haven't noticed differences.

Sioux_KJ

Reaction score
Might be worth checking about having a set of tires for summer and an additional set of winter tires for living up in ND.

Thats kind of what i was thinking. Wanted to get some snow tires on the stock rims and then get a whole new set of summer tires and rims. Have to wait and see how these ones hold up.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats kind of what i was thinking. Wanted to get some snow tires on the stock rims and then get a whole new set of summer tires and rims. Have to wait and see how these ones hold up.

That would be a good idea. All Terrains work good for most people with moderate winters, but the softer rubber on winter tires will hold up better with those harsh conditions and of course will grip better. You also will have less wear on the "summer" tires you get.

Latest posts

Members online